Business Development Manager - Health Plans
Location: San Francisco, CA or Remote
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Healthcare, FinTech, Start Up, Dreamers. We check all those boxes. Complex thinking isn’t encouraged, it’s mandated. We use technology to integrate disjointed banking and payments infrastructure to optimize consumer healthcare spending, savings, and overall livelihood. We are passionate about what we are doing because we know our approach can make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Wake up and come to work every day with this in mind.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
You will establish and grow partnerships with Health Plans across the U.S. You will partner with Health Plans to integrate eligibility and claims data into Lively’s HSA offering in addition to working with these Health Plans to establish a go-to-market strategy. You will leverage Lively’s #1 user-rated HSA provider status to convince Health Plans to think in new and innovative ways!
Below are some of the qualifications we are looking for and experience you would ideally have:
- Identify, qualify, develop, close, and establish contractual relationships with Health Plans such that Lively’s HSA offering is an integrated solution to their members.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Product, and Customer Success to create the go-to-market and implementation strategy.
- Conduct product training with key members of Health Plans and their affiliates to foster and improve selling effectiveness and product understanding.
- Provide monthly reporting which outlines opportunities, risks, needs, and sales results. Work with internal partners to ensure risks and/or issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- With each signed Health Plan, conduct annual strategic meetings with key stakeholders to identify potential need to enhance existing systems, evaluate partnership, and address any issues with a complete solution.
- BS/BA from an accredited college or university. MBA is preferred, although not required.
- 7+ years of relevant experience having sold into and/or partnered with Health Plans either in a business development, partnership, or sales role.
- Must be familiar with health accounts (either HSAs or other pre-tax health benefits products)
- Proficient at leading a sales process from qualifying leads to getting agreements signed, to initiating implementation and go-to-market efforts
- Must have excellent written, oral, and visual communication abilities and an unwavering eye for detail.
- Need to be a strategic thinker who is also willing and able to roll up their sleeves get the job done.
- You are someone who isn’t afraid of responsibility and operating in an unstructured environment, your work speaks for your value at Lively.
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect.
- A proven track record of consistent previous success.
- Must be OK with travel which we would expect to be ~50% of your time.