Director of Finance
Location: San Francisco, CA
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people to not only save on the costs of healthcare today but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Healthcare, FinTech, Start-Up, Dreamers. We check all those boxes. Complex thinking isn’t encouraged, it’s mandated. We use technology to integrate disjointed banking and payments infrastructure to optimize consumer healthcare spending, savings, and overall livelihood. We are passionate about what we are doing because we know our approach can make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Wake up and come to work every day with this in mind.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y Combinator, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
We’re seeking a strategic finance professional looking to be the first finance hire in a rapidly growing organization. You will be an individual contributor but responsible for the entire finance and account function to begin. You are an excel guru and can model anything. You ask difficult questions to get to the base level assumptions of any decision. You aren’t afraid of changing the status quo to drive the business forward. You know how to take very broad challenges or opportunities and turn them into actionable projects with clear milestones and goals, with minimal guidance.
Below are some of your expected responsibilities and the qualifications we are looking for:
- FP&A duties including owning the company’s financial model (operating, budgeting, and forecasting various scenarios)
- Act as the point person during any potential audit
- Responsible for monthly close process and implementing appropriate internal financial controls
- Own company metrics to identify the financial health of the business on an ongoing basis
- Apply a data-driven analytical approach to influence strategic decision making, with a focus on resource allocation decisions and long-term financial planning
- Regularly partner with key departments to analyze and report on the financial impact of decisions across the company
- Partner with management to drive the creation of Board decks and investor communications
- Develop and send investor reporting on a regular cadence
- Act as primary liaison to the company’s bank partner
- BS/BA degree from an accredited university or college. MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience (e.g., corporate finance, investment banking, management consulting, etc.). Previous startup experience preferred.
- Expert in MS Office products, particularly Excel and Powerpoint.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting and corporate finance concepts.
- Experience working with financial accounting software and business intelligence tools.
- SQL knowledge is a nice to have, but not required.
- Must have excellent communication skills and an unwavering eye for detail.
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect and would expect you to do so as well!