Location: San Francisco, CA
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Healthcare, FinTech, Start Up, Dreamers. We check all those boxes. Complex thinking isn’t encouraged, it’s mandated. We use technology to integrate disjointed banking and payments infrastructure to optimize consumer healthcare spending, savings, and overall livelihood. We are passionate about what we are doing because we know our approach can make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Wake up and come to work every day with this in mind.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Y-Combinator.
We are looking for full stack hackers to join our team. As an early member of the team, you’ll be helping us build a sophisticated, next generation financial services and benefits platform. Our customers trust us with a lot: Integrating seamlessly across financial institutions, moving money, tracking balances, helping with their healthcare decisions, and keeping their data extremely secure. In order to take on this mission we’re building our application on a new web framework we’ve built for Node.js, Postgres and React. We’re looking for engineers who are comfortable across the entire stack.
We all work on end-to-end features for the product and take great care in building features that will delight our customers. And there’s plenty of interesting problems, whether it’s helping design schemas with multi-step state machines that model financial transactions, working on the incremental build graph and compiler, or building our React based UI component library. This isn’t your typical CRUD application! You will be responsible for a lot so you should feel comfortable in a fast paced, growing, and nimble environment keeping in mind that everything we do is to better the lives of our users.
Here's a snapshot of some of the technologies you will be working on and the qualifications we are looking for:
- Several years experience in web or distributed systems development.
- Experience in Postgres or another transactional, relational database system, as well as ability to design schemas.
- Familiarity with software design techniques from functional to object oriented.
- React or at least one other reactive UI language.
- Computer science degree is not absolutely required, but you should be familiar with basic algorithms and performance analysis.
- Someone who isn't afraid of responsibility and operating in an unstructured environment
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality. No jerks please!