Director, Growth Marketing
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, Ally Ventures, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others. Lively was recently recognized as one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2021 by the SF Business Times.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Growth to join our team. As the leader of the Growth team, you’ll be responsible for designing and driving a comprehensive growth strategy, including buyer engagement, acquisition, nurture, and conversion. The ideal candidate thrives on metrics and is an expert at using marketing automation tools to develop marketing campaigns that optimize the conversion of qualified leads. Proven expertise in creating and executing multi-touch, multi-channel marketing programs that leverage inbound and outbound partnership tactics. You and your team will collaborate across the other parts of the marketing team along with other stakeholders across the organization.
You are able to dissect complex and lengthy sales cycles to properly optimize programs, spend and internal resources required to build a B2B demand generation pipeline, at scale. This includes multiple (and growing) audience segments across the healthcare, financial and retirement landscape. You will also oversee our unique direct to consumer growth efforts. To be successful you'll be highly analytical, entrepreneurial, and results-focused. You'll be excited by startup agility and motivated by our mission to enable consumers to confidently embrace a healthy future. If you succeed, so will Lively. This role is part of our marketing leadership team and reports directly to our COO.
- Lead a small but growing team to execute cross-channel growth strategy (including paid and organic growth, CRM and lead nurture and conversion) and execute on company KPIs
- Lead demand generation campaigns that drive short and long-term acquisition goals, using various online and offline channels
- Own B2C (direct-to-consumer) paid growth and budget forecasting
- Classify, score, and optimization lead generation and conversion funnel with understanding of how to optimize each classification and increase conversion at MCL, MQL and SQL levels
- Ensure marketing operations is measuring and tracking various growth components along with providing the necessary support needed for broader marketing initiatives
- Properly forecast growth across channels and at conversion level in conjunction with sales leadership
- Own SEO strategy, agency management and website conversion. Expectation of Top 3 placements for key industry terms and 25%+ YoY impression increase
- Responsible for marketing engineering team to continually optimize the marketing website
- Deliver critical reporting and analysis to fuel marketing optimization
- Leverage tools and technology to automate campaigns and reporting with a high degree of quality
- Manage budgeting process for Growth marketing, including forecasting and ROI assessments
- Own end-to end marketing attribution and overall marketing data schema to ensure data quality across the connected platforms
- Work with various cross-functional stakeholders, specifically product to support growth initiatives
Skills & Experience
- BS/BA from an accredited college or university
- 8+ years of B2B growth experience at a SaaS or technology company. Healthcare or Fintech experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience managing a demand generation team or similar
- Experience scaling B2B growth programs, with focus on ABM structure into the tens of millions in ARR
- You know how to make or influence data driven decisions. Strong analytical skills with the ability to think and execute both strategically and creatively
- Experience with various marketing and analytics tools and systems including CMS platforms, marketing automation platforms (Marketo or HubSpot), Google Search Console & Analytics, and other similar systems
- Excellent managerial and mentoring skills, and a desire to develop and coach your direct reports
- You are someone who isn't afraid of responsibility and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, your work speaks for your value at Lively
- A down-to-earth personality. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect
We encourage you to apply if you do not meet all of the qualifications but feel you would be a good fit for the position.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, FSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401k plan, and more.
At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!