OPERATIONS MANAGER – BANKING & PAYMENTS
Location: San Francisco, CA
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Healthcare, FinTech, Start Up, Dreamers. We check all those boxes. Complex thinking isn’t encouraged, it’s mandated. We use technology to integrate disjointed banking and payments infrastructure to optimize consumer healthcare spending, savings, and overall livelihood. We are passionate about what we are doing because we know our approach can make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Wake up and come to work every day with this in mind.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to help manage our banking and payments infrastructure. You will work closely with our banking and payments partners on a daily basis. Additionally, you will work with our internal Finance/Accounting team as well as the management team.
You are capable of setting the strategy and executing on it. You are able to independently work yet collaborate with a broader team effectively.
Below are some of your expected responsibilities and the qualifications we are looking for:
- Optimize operational systems and be responsible for financial reconciliation on a regular cadence
- Complete daily operational tasks
- Work with external banking and payment partners
- Analyze and perform reporting on payments activities
- Day-to-day exception handling
- Become the subject matter expert on all aspects of our banking and payments systems
- BS/BA from an accredited college or university
- At least 2 years of previous financial services/fintech experience
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds of operations
- You work well with external partners and enjoy collaborating to solve problems
- You thrive in an environment where you are often figuring things out on your own
- The ideal candidate will also have payments and SQL experience
- You want to build a career in financial services operations
- Must have excellent writing abilities and an unwavering eye for detail
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect