Site Reliability Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people to not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Healthcare, FinTech, Start Up, Dreamers. We check all those boxes. Complex thinking isn’t encouraged, it’s mandated. We use technology to integrate disjointed banking and payments infrastructure to optimize consumer healthcare spending, savings, and overall livelihood. We are passionate about what we are doing because we know our approach can make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Wake up and come to work every day with this in mind.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
We are looking for our first Site Reliability Engineer to help ensure the resiliency, scalability, performance, and availability of our production and non-production environments.
You will report to the Head of Infrastructure & Security and work with the rest of the engineering team to architect and maintain our production and non-production AWS deployments. Since we’re a startup, you’ll find there are many opportunities to learn and to make impactful decisions.
Below are some of your expected responsibilities and the qualifications we are looking for:
- Maintain the systems we stand up, and but also continually identify opportunities for improvements which will include automation, monitoring, logging, and profiling projects.
- Lead implementation projects to design, mature, replace, and stand up new systems.
- Help resolve service issues when they arise and work towards preventing any recurrences in the future.
- Leverage AWS tools, services, and offerings as much as possible. But, if something doesn’t quite fit, implementing the right solution for the task at hand.
- Several years of experience in architecting, building, and maintaining cloud-based Linux infrastructure (AWS preferred).
- Experience with configuration management tools. You’ll also need experience with any relevant languages (Ruby, Python, etc).
- Experience with administering Linux systems (networking, disks, installing & configuring software, etc).
- Solid understanding of OSI and TCP/IP models and of networking within a cloud environment.
- Someone who isn’t afraid of responsibility and operating in an unstructured environment. You’ll initially wear many hats as you help us mature our production and non-production environments.
- Experience with Node & Postgres are nice to havesAWS Certification would be great, but not a requirement
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect