Strategic Partnerships Manager - Individuals
Location: San Francisco, CA
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Healthcare, FinTech, Start Up, Dreamers. We check all those boxes. Complex thinking isn’t encouraged, it’s mandated. We use technology to integrate disjointed banking and payments infrastructure to optimize consumer healthcare spending, savings, and overall livelihood. We are passionate about what we are doing because we know our approach can make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Wake up and come to work every day with this in mind. Located in San Francisco,
Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y Combinator, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
As a Strategic Partnerships Manager, you will be a part of the Sales & Marketing team helping to deliver our solution through a variety of partners who service the individual market – some obvious, some not so obvious. You will be driven by your need to want to make a positive impact on people’s lives. You also are not OK with getting a “yes,” but rather you want to find ways to remove the ability for partners to say “no.”
This role is specifically located in San Francisco. Please no applications for those located outside of San Francisco.
Below are some of the qualifications we are looking for and experience you would ideally have:
- Identify, qualify, develop, close, and establish contractual relationships with companies who have continent workforces, tax partners, private health exchanges and other channels as they come up.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Product, and Customer Success to create the go-to-market and implementation strategy.
- Build and manage a partner platform pipeline and provide on-going reporting to hold yourself accountable about your progress.
- Structure deals such that they are mutually beneficial, but also work with Product and Marketing to create documentation for both internal and external stakeholders, as needed.
- With each signed partner, conduct annual strategic meetings with key stakeholders to identify potential need to enhance existing systems, evaluate partnership, and address any issues with a complete solution.
- BS/BA from an accredited college or university. MBA is preferred, although not required.
- 5+ years of previous business development, consulting, or banking experience, specifically establishing channel partnerships is required.
- Experience having sold into Gig economy companies or otherwise sold into larger partners to reach mass consumers is a nice to have.
- Health insurance experience is a plus, although not required
- Previous experience having actively structured and negotiated partner contracts.
- Must have excellent written, oral, and visual communication abilities and an unwavering eye for detail.
- Need to be a strategic thinker who is also willing and able to roll up their sleeves get the job done.
- You are someone who isn’t afraid of responsibility and operating in an unstructured environment, your work speaks for your value at Lively.
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect.
- A proven track record of consistent previous success.
- Must be OK with some travel which we would expect to be <20% of your time.