Regional Director, Business Development – Eastern Region
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only to save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, Ally Ventures, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
We are looking for a talented Regional Director, Business Development who can help grow our benefits broker and consultant channel in the eastern portion of the U.S. You will be responsible for driving growth by partnering with health insurance brokers, benefits consultants, general agencies, and registered investment advisors from Ohio through to the eastern seaboard inclusive of pipeline development, pipeline management, contract closing, and employer registrations.
You will partner and build on-going relationships that help educate, nurture, and grow with their employer clients. Your success will directly translate to Lively’s success!
- Drive new HSA and FSA sales within your territory
- Update and maintain contact and sales activity in Salesforce daily
- Accountability for production and activity quota attainment
- Drive sales strategies by developing and expanding broker channel relationships
- Work closely with other teams executing on processes required to implement new accounts
- Execute various marketing led prospecting campaigns as may be required
- Obtain information to monitor services, customer expectations, market needs, and competitive position
- Provide timely feedback regarding problems and issues identified by brokers
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of sales, account management and/or business development experience within the benefits, insurance, or health plan industry.
- Previous experience with channel sales is a plus
- Must be proficient in Salesforce CRM
- Working knowledge of health insurance (Consumer Driven Health) or employee benefits is required; previous brokerage and/or consultant experience is a plus
- Proven track record of sales success (e.g., consistently exceeding quotas)
- You love to develop and foster relationships and enjoy personal interpersonal interactions
- You’re an overachiever. You persevere and ultimately succeed in everything you do!
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Someone who isn’t afraid of responsibility and operating in an unstructured environment
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality
We encourage you to apply if you do not meet all of the qualifications but feel you would be a good fit for the position.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Benefits & Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, FSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan, and more.
At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Our mission is simple: Inspire people to confidently embrace a healthy future. Come join us!