Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, Ally Ventures, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of financial operations at Lively. This position reports to the Head of Finance. The Accounting Manager’s responsibilities include the accurate and timely preparation and analyses of all facets of the financial operations of the company, including financial statement preparation, cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and all other fiscally related duties. The Accounting Manager’s responsibilities will also include leading annual audit and developing Lively’s accounting policies and procedures, consistent with GAAP.
- Manage the monthly financial close process including managing all GL accounts, including prepaids, fixed assets, internal-use software, COGS, operating expenses, etc.
- Prepare and analyze accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, and flux analysis.
- Lead ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures including the review and implementation of process and business practices.
- Develop robust internal control and risk frameworks and ensuring compliance with such frameworks and company’s accounting policy according to the latest GAAP requirements.
- Lead annual audit with external auditor including managing deliverables and communicating progress and any issues timely to management for efficient audit.
- Proactive, hands-on manager who will own, in partnership with the Head of Finance, responsibility for a growing Finance and Accounting department.
- Work cross-functionally with Legal, Engineering, Customer Experience, Marketing, Sales, and other functions.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting emphasis (or other major with CPA). CPA strongly preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience working in accounting, with strong GL experience.
- Strong technical accounting and a thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally.
- Result- and detailed- oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations, perform independently and to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability in managing accounting and financial reporting functions, including support in business administration, and managing audits.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and accounting software such as QuickBooks is a must.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis with no sponsorship needed now, or in the future.
We encourage you to apply if you do not meet all of the qualifications but feel you would be a good fit for the position.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, FSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401k plan, and more.
At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!