Application Support Engineer
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, Ally Ventures, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others. We have just raised a $27M Series B financing round (over $40M raised to-date) and we want to grow our product development team rapidly with talented engineers. At Lively, we promote a productive and collaborative culture. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect.
We are looking for an Application Support Engineer to join our team. As an integral member of the Engineering Team, you will provide application support to our Customer Success, Member Support, and Engineering teams as we grow to build a sophisticated, next generation financial services and benefits platform. Our customers trust us with a lot: integrating seamlessly across financial institutions, tracking funds and balances, helping with their healthcare decisions, and keeping their data extremely secure. In order to take on this mission we're building our applications on a solid web stack based on React, Node.js/Typescript and Postgres.
We are looking for an Application Support Engineer that has a strong empathy for the customer and wants to provide the best product support experience possible. He or she likes to experience the thrill of chasing down product issues and is not afraid to comb through log files or dive into code to get to the heart of the problem.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Build effective working partnerships with Engineering, Customer Success, and Member Support
- Become a subject matter expert of our application and code base
- Provide direct support to Member Support and Customer Success for day-to-day customer issues
- Provide Level 1 issue triage
- Write complex database queries in SQL
- Troubleshoot application production issues through logs, inspecting databases and code files and work with the Engineering team to resolve bugs.
- Document issues with repeatable steps, quantify scope and impact, and provide recommendations to improve products in the product roadmap
- Help build up documentation on supporting products
- Continuously improve Application Support processes to improve diagnosis and resolution speed
- At least 3 years of Application Support experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent SQL knowledge including running complex queries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with web development
- Experience in providing web applications support