Application Support Engineer
We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively is bringing HSAs and FSAs into the modern era so it’s easy to save on the costs of healthcare today, and plan for the costs of tomorrow. We’ve made it our mission to inspire people to confidently embrace a healthy future.
With offices in San Francisco, Boise, and remote team members throughout the nation, we’re a company that’s passionate about simplifying and improving how people save and spend their healthcare funds. Come be a part of changing how Americans can maximize their healthcare spending!
We are looking for an Application Support Engineer to join our team. As an integral member of the team, you will provide application support to our Customer Success, Member Support, and Engineering teams as we grow to build a sophisticated next generation financial services and benefits platform.
Our customers trust us with a lot: integrating seamlessly across financial institutions, tracking funds and balances, helping with their healthcare decisions, and keeping their data extremely secure. In order to take on this mission we're building our applications on a solid web stack based on React, Node.js/Typescript and Postgres. We are looking for someone that has strong empathy for the customer and wants to provide the best product support experience possible. You like to experience the thrill of chasing down product issues and not be afraid to comb through log files or dive into code to get to the heart of the problem
- Build effective working partnerships with Engineering, Customer Success, and Member Support
- Become a subject matter expert of our application and code base
- Provide direct support to Member Support and Customer Success for day-to-day customer issues
- Provide Level 1 issue triage
- Write complex database queries in SQL
- Troubleshoot application production issues through logs, inspecting databases and code files and work with the Engineering team to resolve bugs.
- Document issues with repeatable steps, quantify scope and impact, and provide recommendations to improve products in the product roadmap
- Help build up documentation on supporting products
- Continuously improve Application Support processes to improve diagnosis and resolution speed
Skills & Experience
- 1+ years of experience in an application support, or similar role
- Excellent SQL knowledge, including running complex queries
- Experience with web development
- Experience in providing web applications support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree in computer science, or equivalent
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications, but feel you would be a good fit for the position.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401k plan, and more. At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!