Associate Product Designer
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, Ally Ventures, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
We are looking to bring on an associate product designer to continue to enhance the industry’s #1 rated HSA offering. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to help bring transparency to healthcare and be part of something impactful and transformative in a complex landscape. Being a part of our small but mighty product team means you’ll help shape our design and product culture, leveraging user-centered design to deliver the best possible experience for our users.
HSAs are complex, but you have a knack for taking complex things and distilling it down to layman’s terms to communicate concise and impactful information. You are not expected to know the nuanced details of an HSA, but open and excited to learn about their value.
Below are some of the responsibilities you would have and the qualifications we are looking for.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Customer Experience teams to deliver new features and services.
- Assist with research to define the problem, create and implement cross-platform (web/native) user flows, user interface and visual design specifications in collaboration with product management and engineering teams.
- Understand, follow, challenge and contribute to an evolving design system.
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary business partners.
- Make decisions quickly and independently in the face of ambiguity.
- Studied product design and/or has at least two years or prior experience working as a product designer.
- Prior experience working at consumer healthtech and/or fintech startup is a nice to have, although not required.
- Have a portfolio of diverse cross-platform (web, android, iOS) projects.
- Proficient using Sketch, Figma, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficient with lo-fi and hi-fi prototyping.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Curiosity and passion to learn more about the healthcare and fintech space.
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect and would expect you to do so as well!
Hear from our team