Associate Product Designer
Lively is looking for an Associate Product Designer to join our team!
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, Ally Ventures, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
Lively is seeking a passionate and self-motivated product designer to support our consumer-facing experience. This designer will be creating experiences for our HSA and FSA dashboards as well as our internal tools. The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate proficient understanding of design systems, patterns, and principles, the ability to produce high-quality design specifications, and strong critical thinking as it relates to understanding user problems. The capability to be flexible, inquisitive, and decisive in a fast-paced environment will be key to succeeding in this role.
This designer will report to the product design manager and work closely with the product team, which the product design team is part of.
- Deliver small to medium features starting from research, wireframing, prototyping, testing, to implementation
- Create and implement cross-platform (web/native) user flows, user interface and visual design specifications in collaboration with product management and engineering teams
- Understand, use, challenge and contribute to an evolving design system
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary business partners in Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Customer Experience
- Make decisions quickly and independently in the face of ambiguity
Skills & Experience:
- 1+ years of experience working as a product designer or in a similar role
- Has experience shipping cross-platform (web, android, iOS) projects and a portfolio that reflects that
- Proficient at using Figma, any prototyping software, and some knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Comfortable designing research briefs and running research
- Understanding of design systems and how to build components
- Has experience working with product management and engineering
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, comfortable gathering feedback
- Prior experience working at consumer healthtech and/or fintech startup is a nice to have
- Curiosity and passion to learn more about the healthcare and fintech space
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality
We encourage you to apply if you do not meet all of the qualifications but feel you would be a good fit for the position.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Benefits & Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, FSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401k plan, and more.
At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!