Banking Operations Associate
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only to save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, Ally Ventures, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
About the Role
The Banking Operations Associate will be a key member of the banking operations team supporting money movement, partner reporting, operational processes, and problem resolution The Banking Operations Associate will work closely with the finance team to identify process improvements and work with the legal team to maintain compliance and procedure documentation. This role is critical to the daily reconciliation process and crucial to creating a smooth channel of communication with users about their transactions and account funding. The position reports into the Banking Operations Manager in the finance department.
- Own the relationship with our bill pay partner and handle all bill pay related issues
- Be the secondary contact for all banking and payments partnerships
- Co-lead all physical check deposit operations and processes
- Assist with daily exception handling
- Assist with growth projects as new banking partners are onboarded
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and surface data for reporting purposes
- Partner with both internal and external teams to problem solve
- Accurately record data in our systems and ensure consistency in data entry processes
Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years of previous financial services/fintech experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail (if something is off by a penny, you feel compelled to find that penny!)
- Able to prioritize tasks in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with external partners on high visibility projects
- Willing to put in extra work during our busiest season, open enrollment (Nov. - Jan.)
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect.
Applicants must have reliable transportation to make regular trips to our P.O. Box and, once reopened, our office in San Francisco.
We encourage you to apply if you do not meet all of the qualifications but feel you would be a good fit for the position.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Benefits & Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, FSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401k plan, and more.
At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!