BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR – NORTHEAST
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people to not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Healthcare, FinTech, Start Up, Dreamers. We check all those boxes. Complex thinking isn’t encouraged, it’s mandated. We use technology to integrate disjointed banking and payments infrastructure to optimize consumer healthcare spending, savings, and overall livelihood. We are passionate about what we are doing because we know our approach can make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Wake up and come to work every day with this in mind.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
We are looking for a talented Business Development Director who can help grow our broker and producer channel in the Northeast region. You will be responsible for driving growth by partnering with health insurance brokers, benefits consultants, general agencies, and registered investment advisors in the Northeast region inclusive of pipeline development, pipeline management, and contract closing.
You will partner and build on-going relationships that help educate, nurture, and grow with their employer clients. Your success will directly translate to Lively’s success!
Below are some of the qualifications we are looking for and experience you would ideally have:
- 3+ years of sales, account management and/or business development experience within the benefits, insurance, or health plan industry. Proficiency in Salesforce CRM is a plus.
- Previous experience with “the sale after the initial sale” is a plus.
- Working knowledge of health insurance (Consumer Driven Health) or employee benefits is required; previous brokerage and/or consultant experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of sales success (e.g., consistently exceeding quotas).
- You love to develop and foster relationships and enjoy personal interpersonal interactions.
- You don’t want a sales playbook. You want to be the one to create it.
- You’re an over-achiever. You never quit, never take no for an answer, and ultimately succeed in everything you do!
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Someone who isn’t afraid of responsibility and operating in an unstructured environment.
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality.