Business Development Manager - Platforms
Location: San Francisco, CA or Remote
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Healthcare, FinTech, Start Up, Dreamers. We check all those boxes. Complex thinking isn’t encouraged, it’s mandated. We use technology to integrate disjointed banking and payments infrastructure to optimize consumer healthcare spending, savings, and overall livelihood. We are passionate about what we are doing because we know our approach can make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Wake up and come to work every day with this in mind.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
As the BD Manager for Platforms, your focus will be to expand the top end of the funnel for our sales team by identifying Benefits Administration, HRIS, and Payroll platforms to integrate with. Each integration will be unique by its very nature and you will be comfortable being an internal expert of our product offering and underlying platform abilities.
Below are some of the qualifications we are looking for and experience you would ideally have:
- Identify, qualify, develop, close, and establish contractual relationships with Benefits Administration, HRIS, and Payroll partner platforms.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Product, and Customer Success to create the go-to-market and implementation strategy.
- Build and manage a partner platform pipeline and provide on-going reporting to hold yourself accountable about your progress.
- Structure deals such that they are mutually beneficial, but also work with Product to create documentation for both internal and external stakeholders, as needed.
- With each signed partner, conduct annual strategic meetings with key stakeholders to identify potential need to enhance existing systems, evaluate partnership, and address any issues with a complete solution.
- BS/BA from an accredited college or university. MBA is preferred, although not required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience having created comparable partnerships in a business development, partnership, or sales role. Preference for experience in the HR/Benefits space.
- Previous experience having actively structured and negotiated partner contracts.
- Must have excellent written, oral, and visual communication abilities and an unwavering eye for detail.
- Need to be a strategic thinker who is also willing and able to roll up their sleeves get the job done.
- You are someone who isn’t afraid of responsibility and operating in an unstructured environment, your work speaks for your value at Lively.
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect.
- A proven track record of consistent previous success.
- Must be OK with travel which we would expect to be ~20% of your time.