Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, Ally Ventures, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others. We have just raised a $27M Series B financing round (over $40M raised to-date) and we want to grow our product development team rapidly with talented engineers. At Lively, we promote a productive and collaborative culture. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect.
At Lively, we look for coworkers from every background, discipline, and geography. Diversity in skills and life experience makes our team stronger and gives us the tools to understand our diverse user base.
In this Data Analyst role, you will be working to provide data and insights that unlock value, inform strategy, and guide business decisions. We are looking for an independent, curious, highly analytical, self-motivated analyst who will drive deep investigations into vast troves of data from behavioral to transactional in order to unlock unique and valuable insights that lead to change within Lively. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for all things data with a solid understanding of SQL and BI/analytics tools.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Build and maintain compelling, beautiful dashboards that relate key performance metrics across the company. We presently use Chartio for dashboarding.
- Develop an unparalleled understanding of the dynamics between healthcare and finance to unlock new sources of growth and traction.
- Develop new metrics and analytical concepts that uniquely define and track impactful business drivers.
- Work closely with Product, CX, and Marketing teams to identify important questions, define key success metrics, and shape data-informed product and business strategies.
- Communicate results and influence key product and business practices as a thought-leader within the organization.
- Utilize standard statistical best practices in your work.
- Comfort crafting a story from data and communicating that story both visually and orally.
- A desire to help empower people to make better decisions around healthcare and their finances.
- 2+ years of professional experience (bonus points for healthcare, finance, or employee benefits exposure)
- Technical experience – You’ve used SQL to query relational databases, and enjoy scripting in a statistical language like Python or R (Python strongly preferred but not required)
- Knowledge and a slight nerdiness around statistics, linear algebra, and the visual display of quantitative information.
- An eagerness to know the specifics of what you’re looking at while not losing sight of the overall story.
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A desire to contribute to an engaging and growing workplace culture with mentorship, kindness, and encouragement baked in.
If you're interested in joining us, but don't tick every box below, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another. We're happy to consider where you might be able to make the biggest impact.