Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, Ally Ventures, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!
We are looking for Full Stack Software Engineers to join our team. As an integral member of the development team, you’ll be helping us build a sophisticated, next generation financial services and benefits platform. Our customers trust us with a lot: integrating seamlessly across financial institutions, moving money, tracking balances, helping with their healthcare decisions, and keeping their data extremely secure. In order to take on this mission we're building our applications on a solid web stack based on Node.js/Typescript, React and Postgres.
We are looking for engineers who want to create deep and meaningful product engagement experiences for our increasing user base, and are comfortable in contributing to every part of the stack: from UI to API development, to complex integrations with financial institutions and partners.
- Analyze requirements, create and document component/system designs.
- Implement features and functionality with clean and maintainable codes.
- Take pride in software quality through rigorous functional testing and writing automated unit tests.
- Troubleshoot production issues, provide resolutions and recommendations for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience in web or distributed systems development.
- Experience in HTML5/CSS and React (or other equivalent front-end framework) on Single Page Applications that are responsive.
- Experience in Postgres or other transactional, relational database. Able to model and design schema models.
- Strong fundamentals in software design techniques and design patterns.
- Strong working knowledge with API design and architecture.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Someone who isn't afraid of responsibility, a good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401k plan, and more. At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!