Manager, Member Support
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, Ally Ventures, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
We are looking for an experienced Manager for our Member Support Team. Member Support Associates are on the front line helping our customers gain value from Lively’s product offerings. At Lively, a key differentiator is our customer experience, and Member Support Associates provide this outstanding experience to our end users. The Manager, Member Support will lead the Member Support team to provide an outstanding level of phone, email, and chat-based support to Lively customers.
This position is based in Boise, ID.
- Manage the day-to-day Member Support Operations.
- Manage customer issue escalations, both within the CX team, and as needed with other Lively teams.
- Adapt quickly and adjust to changes in a start-up environment while acting as a champion of change, managing the change process, and proactively seek and recommend process improvements for both Member Support and CX departments.
- Provide behavioral-based coaching and mentoring through real-time observation to ensure a high quality of service delivery and individual professional development is achieved for the Member Support Associates.
- Lead internal initiatives as requested to ensure an outstanding end-user experience for Lively customers.
- Document new operational protocols as needed to support business goals
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of Knowledge Base content
- Other initiatives as identified by the Director, Member Support and VP, Customer Experience.
- Manage daily, weekly, and monthly scheduling of Member Support staff to cover business hours and business requirements.
- Monitor and act upon SLA and CSAT data on a daily basis to ensure optimal service delivery across all support channels to achieve or exceed company/department OKRs
- Hire and retain Member Support Associates
- Train new Member Support staff in Lively operations and related subject matter expertise required to perform support to customers
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of customer support experience minimum.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience resolving customer issues effectively in a high-volume service delivery role.
- Demonstrated experience with employee development and mentorship.
- Knowledge of customer support best practices, including call center, ticketing systems, and operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis with no sponsorship needed now, or in the future.
We encourage you to apply if you do not meet all of the qualifications but feel you would be a good fit for the position.
Benefits & Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, FSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401k plan, and more.
At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!