MEMBER SUPPORT ASSOCIATE
Location: San Francisco, CA
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people to not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Healthcare, FinTech, Start Up, Dreamers. We check all those boxes. Complex thinking isn’t encouraged, it’s mandated. We use technology to integrate disjointed banking and payments infrastructure to optimize consumer healthcare spending, savings, and overall livelihood. We are passionate about what we are doing because we know our approach can make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Wake up and come to work every day with this in mind.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
We are seeking a talented Member Support Associate to join our rapidly growing team. This person will be intimately familiar with Lively’s entire product offering and the complexities of the Health Savings Account.
You will be on the front line helping our members (and prospective members) navigate any issues they might be having but also providing guidance and best practices as it relates to the HSA. Your interactions with our members (and prospective members) will have a direct impact on the Lively brand. Your goal is to provide accurate and timely information to leave each person that you interact with pleasantly surprised. You are not an HSA expert, but you will become one.
Below are some of the qualifications we are looking for and experience you would ideally have
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university with a major in business, accounting finance, communication, or similar is required.
- 1-3 years of professional experience required.
- Previous customer support and working knowledge of health insurance or benefits is a plus, although not required.
- You are an early riser as your day will begin at 8:00am PT.
- You are committed to helping our customers find the answers they need and want to go above and beyond because you know your interactions with customers will directly lead to how Lively is perceived in the market.
- You know how to communicate complex topics in simple ways to our users.
- Patience is a key virtue for you. Because you will be dealing with members with a wide range of personalities, you know how to stay calm, cool, and collected in all situations.
- You are comfortable with all types of support: phone, email, chat.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Someone who isn’t afraid of responsibility and operating in an unstructured environment.
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality.