Mobile API Developer
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, Ally Ventures, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
Lively is a company who brings the HSA into the modern era to help people save on the costs of healthcare today and plan for the future cost. We are a team that is passionate about simplifying and improving how people save and spend their healthcare funds. We are customer centric - from providing exceptional customer support to building the #1 user-rated HSA provider.
We are looking for an experienced web services (API) developer to join our team in the mobile space. As a critical member of the development team, you will participate in building the next generation of financial services and benefits API services to support our mobile apps which are being used by our end customers.
We take great care and pride in building features that will delight our customers. You will be responsible for a lot so you should feel comfortable in a fast paced, growing, highly collaborative, and nimble environment, keeping in mind that everything we do is to better the lives of our users!
- Analyze requirements end to end, create and document designs for the API services you will be building.
- Implement features and functionalities with best engineering practices such as writing clean, maintainable and reusable code with good design patterns and good documentation.
- Collaborate with our mobile development team on integration.
- Take pride in software quality through rigorous functional testing and writing automated unit tests.
- Troubleshoot production issues, provide resolutions and recommendations for improvement.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years professional experience in web or distributed systems development.
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other transactional relational databases.
- Strong fundamentals in software design techniques and design patterns.
- Strong working knowledge with API design and architecture.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology.
We encourage you to apply if you do not meet all of the qualifications but feel you would be a good fit for the position.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Benefits & Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, FSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan, and more.
At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Our mission is simple: Inspire people to confidently embrace a healthy future. Come join us!