Payroll Operations Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Healthcare, FinTech, Start Up, Dreamers. We check all those boxes. Complex thinking isn’t encouraged, it’s mandated. We use technology to integrate disjointed banking and payments infrastructure to optimize consumer healthcare spending, savings, and overall livelihood. We are passionate about what we are doing because we know our approach can make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Wake up and come to work every day with this in mind.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
We are looking for an Operations Manager – Customer Success to help with the day-to-day management of our payroll processing infrastructure. You will be a key member of the Customer Success team to ensure that data is synchronized across systems, files are processed, funds are correctly accounted for, and data is reconciled. Additionally, you will work with our engineering and product teams to build automation, collaborate on integrations, and deliver a seamless experience for our customers.
Below are some of your expected responsibilities and the qualifications we are looking for:
- Own and manage data synchronization across systems—both internal and external
- Optimize operational systems and be responsible for reconciliation on a regular cadence
- Complete daily operational tasks
- Work with external payroll platforms and HRIS systems
- Day-to-day exception handling
- Become the subject matter expert on all aspects of Lively’s payroll processing engine and lead the continued optimization of it
- Collaborate daily with a team of CSMs who manage account relationships with Lively customers to support payroll processing for strategic accounts
- BS/BA from an accredited college or university
- At least 2 years of previous operational experience
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds of operations
- You work well with external partners and enjoy collaborating to solve problems
- You thrive in an environment where you are often figuring things out on your own
- Must have excellent writing abilities and an unwavering eye for detail
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect