People Operations Lead
Location: San Francisco, CA
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people to not only save on the costs of healthcare today but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Healthcare, FinTech, Start-Up, Dreamers. We check all those boxes. Complex thinking isn’t encouraged, it’s mandated. We use technology to integrate disjointed banking and payments infrastructure to optimize consumer healthcare spending, savings, and overall livelihood. We are passionate about what we are doing because we know our approach can make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Wake up and come to work every day with this in mind.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y Combinator, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
We’re seeking an individual with a passion for people who works relentlessly to create an environment where employees feel valued and are provided with opportunities to create a world-class company by doing their best work. This individual will be responsible for human resources, organizational development, and cross-company operations. You will work with the CEO and other leadership to create a culture of innovation, transparency and inclusion supported through people-minded programs, policies and initiatives.
Below are some of your expected responsibilities and the qualifications we are looking for:
- Establish onboarding materials relevant to all new employees to accelerate employee ramp-up and integration into the company
- Work with each department manager to communicate an effective 30/90 day plan for each new employee
- Partner with businesses to determine competency model per role family and build out career tracks, key responsibilities or factors that contribute toward bonus, salary increases and promotions.
- Establish performance management schedule and communicate process and value to business stakeholders and employees and define expectations
- Partner with the business to address performance issues, document performance issues and when necessary, determine a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) with department manager
- If ever applicable, resolve employee relations issues when they arise with attention and comprehensive understanding of discrimination, protected classes, harassment, and confidentiality
- Organize and maintain all employee records.
- Develop compensation ranges annually per department and cohort in collaboration with key business stakeholders and third-party providers (where applicable) to ensure current employees are fairly compensated
- Partner with the leadership team to determine trainings such as first-time manager training, conduct bi-weekly or monthly manager meetings to understand key challenges, allow for knowledge sharing and think through solutions or training opportunities to address specific needs.
- Work with department heads to understand key skills gaps on teams and think through applicable training their team can take part in
- BS/BA degree from an accredited university or college.
- 5+ years of direct previous HR/People Operations experience.
- Comfortable working with technology and HRIS systems.
- Proficient using MS Office suite of products
- Must have excellent communication skills and an unwavering eye for detail.
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect and would expect you to do so as well!