People Operations Manager
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, Ally Ventures, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
We’re looking for a People Operations Manager to help us support & scale our organization in all aspects of the employee lifecycle. Including HR operations, benefit administration, and HR systems. We are seeking someone who has a passion for getting things done, takes ownership, has great attention to detail, and is committed to being a valuable resource to employees throughout our growing organization.
This is a high-touch, employee-centric role that will provide an incredible opportunity for growth, experience, and visibility to all areas of the People team. You will work with the Director and the People team to create a culture of innovation, transparency, and inclusion, supported through people-minded programs, policies, and initiatives.
- Own employee lifecycle processes, from onboarding to offboarding, including employment changes and leaves of absence
- Administer employee benefit programs, including helping us scale our benefits systems and offerings as we grow
- Be the first point of contact for employee inquiries (e.g., benefits questions, HR systems support, leave questions)
- Manage and improve key HR tools, processes, and workflows as we scale
- Maintain data integrity in our HR systems, with the highest degree of accuracy
- Ensure timely staff completion of mandatory trainings, including diversity, managing bias, and harassment & discrimination trainings
- Partner with Finance and Legal & Compliance teams to ensure accurate reporting and compliance for all HR systems and processes
- Be flexible and willing to help out in several different areas to ensure the broader People Team is successful in its goals
- Serve as a model of Lively’s core values throughout the organization
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of People Operations/Human Resources experience, preferably in a similar role or at a high growth startup
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field, or equivalent experience or certifications
- Experience with Excel/Sheets, reporting, and analyzing data
- Comfortable working with and learning new technology, including Google Workplace, Microsoft Office Suite, as well as HRIS and benefits systems
- Experience with managing employee lifecycle workflows, (onboarding, transfers, performance cycles, leaves of absence and offboarding), in compliance with applicable laws
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Experience transitioning from one HRIS to another (or PEO to HRIS) is a big plus
- Exceptionally organized and able to juggle many priorities and changes in an ambiguous environment
- Able to build rapport and trust with people quickly
- Excellent communication skills and an unwavering eye for detail
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis with no sponsorship needed now, or in the future.
We encourage you to apply if you do not meet all of the qualifications but feel you would be a good fit for the position.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, FSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401k plan, and more.
At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!