Manager, Product Design
Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, Ally Ventures, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
Lively, the fastest growing health savings administrator in the US, is seeking a forward-thinking, creative Manager of Product Design, to lead and grow the product design team. Lively has differentiated itself with the US consumer by creating modern and simple human interactions, typically not seen in the complicated benefits market. This position will play a key role in driving our advantages in this space by defining product design strategy, as well as designing end-to-end experiences that serve our internal and external users.
- Lead, represent, and grow a diverse and inclusive team of product designers that consistently delivers and is well-balanced across a range of design competencies
- Cultivate a sustainable design process for the team and influence the larger product team’s development approach and strategy
- Be a driver for defining, crafting, and evolving our experience design system and brand
- Lead design for end-to-end product experiences, in collaboration with product managers, product marketing, engineering, and customer experience teams
- Develop a deep understanding of our internal users, and plan for enhancing the internal tools experience to increase efficiency
- Effectively communicate design goals internally and externally, gathering feedback from designers and broader teams
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of hands on design strategy and execution experience in a technology, SaaS, or similar focused environment
- 2+ years managing a product design team and people management experience
- Working knowledge of agile scrum methods
- Strong understanding of Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and other prototyping tools
- Internal tools and features design experience
- Employee benefits or BenAdmin experience a huge plus
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis with no sponsorship needed now, or in the future.
We encourage you to apply if you do not meet all of the qualifications but feel you would be a good fit for the position.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, FSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401k plan, and more.
At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!