Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, Ally Ventures, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Manager to lead and develop a team of sales professionals selling to benefits brokers, benefits consultants, and insurance agents who recommend various health-related benefits (HSA/FSA) to their employer clients. Your team will be responsible for penetrating various broker offices to develop producer relationships that lead to more business. You will work closely with leaders from Sales Operations and Marketing to streamline our sales process and members of Management to forecast our sales pipeline.
The ideal candidate will have owned the management of a sales pipeline and the required forecasting, and led a team to consistent outperformance. You will have proven experience selling through channel partners, and overseeing sales organizations containing multiple sales motions and processes. Additionally, you will have proven experience of managing a sales team as part of growing companies, and are excited about the training and enablement that it requires. You display empathy to work with a variety of sales professionals, can manage each sales rep to exceeding quota, and can develop a set of processes to optimize your team’s time. You will hit the ground running and once up to speed, you will require minimal direction. You are not expected to know the nuanced details of an HSA or FSA, but are excited to learn about their value.
- Manage an existing team of sales professionals to meet and exceed quota
- Change and develop sales processes as needed to streamline the collective team’s time
- Mentor and coach each sales rep to overcome challenges and issues specific to their territories and verticals
- Share best practices across the team to highlight victories and minimize challenges
- Work closely with Sales Operations and Marketing for sales education and ongoing training
- Proactively identify and develop growth opportunities in various markets
- Create strategies for expansion and lead sales team to execute on those strategies
- Work from a remote home office with the ability to travel as needed (30-50% travel) post-pandemic
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 5 years of experience in a sales management role and 8+ years of sales-related experience, preferably in a Software-as-a-Service and/or a technology-based Benefits Administration organization
- Proven track record of leading sales teams through a channel-based sales approach
- You will have proven success in value selling and you are keen on applying a consultative sales strategy as part of our sales motion
- Must be adept working in Salesforce.com and comfortable working with a variety of other digital sales and sales management tools
- Must be willing and have a proven ability to performance manage a team of people
- Demonstrated excellence in project management, presentation, and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to include communication and conflict management and complex contract negotiation
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and ability to effectively influence key decisions makers
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect.
We encourage you to apply if you do not meet all of the qualifications but feel you would be a good fit for the position.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Benefits & Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, FSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401k plan, and more.
At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!