Out-of-pocket healthcare costs are skyrocketing each year, forcing people across America to make difficult decisions about their health and money. We started Lively because we believe no one should have to sacrifice their personal health for their financial health. Lively makes it easier to manage rising costs through Health Savings Accounts (HSA) that allow people not only save on the costs of healthcare today, but plan for the costs of tomorrow.
Located in San Francisco, Lively is backed by the top institutional and individual investors including Costanoa Ventures, Y-Combinator, Ally Ventures, The Durant Company, SV Angel, Point Judith Capital, Streamlined Ventures, among others.
Picture this: Your product is fast, modern, and vaulted to the top of a traditional industry in only four years. Your competitors are older, slower, and have been around for a long time. They look the same, talk the same, and basically offer the same experience. But your product—it’s truly different, and your users constantly affirm that’s why they love it. How do you bring all of this to life through simple and cohesive brand expression so more people come to know and trust your product?
This Visual Designer position will focus on Lively marketing design, and will ensure our brand lives true to our company values. Your ability to communicate our brand values in our creative offering sets the trajectory for the company. No matter the creative format - ads, events, social, website, or sales collateral, our brand is consistent, clean, and direct. The ideal candidate is eager to contribute to and grow our design presence at every point. This role reports to our Sr. Director of Brand & Strategy.
- Produce creative content and deliver not just the visual elements, but the rationale behind them (including but not limited to: web illustrations, ad campaigns, brand elements and collateral design)
- Have an established design process to move projects efficiently and effectively
- Internalize, master, expand and contribute to an evolving brand system so the elements of the brand should work together like a system
- Manage timelines and creative expectations in a collaborative setting to ensure design consistency and achieve shared project goals
- Able to make informed decisions in the face of ambiguity using combination of strong design sense, brand acumen, and data-driven insights
- Serve as SME and advisor on all things brand identity within the Marketing team and partner closely with Product Design team
- Stay up to date with design trends across the B2C and B2B spaces, starting with healthcare and fintech but always looking beyond.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of creative and design experience at a software, healthcare or fintech company
- Having a design portfolio that displays at least 3 recent projects
- Strong digital design skills and experience
- Proficient at using Figma or Sketch, and some knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite for web, digital, and offline channel executions (including print)
- Understanding of modern design systems and how to build components including responsive mobile-first design
- Must have excellent communication skills and an unwavering eye for detail
- Creative or design agency experience a plus
- You are someone who isn't afraid of responsibility and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard, have fun, and treat people with respect.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis with no sponsorship needed now, or in the future.
We encourage you to apply if you do not meet all of the qualifications but feel you would be a good fit for the position.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, FSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401k plan, and more.
At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!